1. General information:
Kook Proof (Juicyideas, Lda.) is a Portuguese registered company settled in Esposende, Portugal.
It offers a range of activities and services in the area of nautical and on-land sports.
If you’re experiencing any problem or if you don’t understand the content of this document, please, don’t hesitate to contact us by phone: (+351)939990070 or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the activities, products and services provided by Kook Proof are available for consultation at the Kook Proof Activity Center (Esposende) as well as on its website. Information on activities and services can also be provided, if requested, through other channels such as email, phone and social medias.
Those terms and conditions can be modified, revoked or amended at any time, without prior notification. Kook Proof reserves itself the liberty to modify rules, procedures, prices lists and regulations with no prior notice.
2. Bookings Conditions
All the activities and services provided by Kook Proof are available on prepayment if booked on the day of the activity or service. If the activity or service is booked in advance, clients should pay a deposit fee of 25% in the first 48 hours after the reservation, and the remaining value (75% of the final value) on the (first) day of the activity or service. The client has the choice to pay full value immediately after the reservation if preferable.
3. Specific conditions for Kook Proof Camps bookings
If the client’s booking includes services of accommodation or accommodation and transportation, the following rules apply: clients should pay a deposit fee of 25% in the first 48 hours after the reservation, and the remaining value (75% of the final value) until 14 days prior to the arrival day. The client has the choice to pay full value immediately after the reservation if preferable. If the booking is made less than 14 days before arrival, full payment is mandatory in the first 48 hours after reservation to confirm the booking.
4. Refund & Cancellation policy for activities and services (not included in Kook Proof Camps packages)
Most of the activities and services provided by Kook Proof rely on weather conditions. More specifically, all kitesurfing, surfing and stand up paddling lessons or products are highly dependent on tides and wind conditions, meaning that their programmation can evolve and be rescheduled anytime and on short notice.
All the information provided regarding the types of activities and their duration is an estimation based on ideal weather conditions.
Kook Proof reserves the right – for organizational or for safety reasons – to modify, reschedule or cancel activities, with or without financial compensations according to the situation.
– In the case of a cancellation for bad weather conditions and of an impossibility for the client to reschedule the activity, the client is entitled to a refund amounting to what he previously paid if the activity was booked and confirmed by the payment of a deposit fee of 25% of its price, or by a full payment.
– The client doesn’t show up for the activity or service at the designated location mentioned in the booking or is more than 20 minutes late without warning,
– The client has not canceled his activity or service at least 24 hours prior to the booking time. If the cancellation is made 24 hours in advance or more, no charges will be made.
– Any specific or missing issue regarding the cancellation of the activity or service will be analyzed by our administrative service and one or several binding options will be given over a period of 30 days after the issue was reported. Any issue can be reported at any time by sending an email to this address: email@example.com.
5. Specific conditions for Kook Proof Camps bookings cancellations
If the client’s booking includes services of accommodation or accommodation and transportation, the following rules apply: a full refund of the first payment value is possible if requested until 30 days before the date of arrival to the camp. If the first payment was done only 30 days or less before the date of arrival to the camp, a full refund is only possible if requested until 3 days after the date of booking. If a refund is due, Kook Proof will do it until 14 working days after the request. For the cancellation to be valid, a written email should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with name, date of booking, and proof of payment.
Any specific or missing issue regarding the cancellation of the activity or service will be analyzed by our administrative service and one or several binding options will be given over a period of 30 days after the issue was reported. Any issue can be reported at any time by sending an email to this address: email@example.com.
6. Special discount policies
Early bird discount campaigns can be launched by Kook Proof, allowing clients to access a discount if full payment is made until a specific date set on the campaign details. In these cases, full payment is due until 48 hours after booking to validate the reservation. In the case of a booking under early bird discount campaign, the cancellation policy is no refund in case of no show.
Kook Proof reserves the right to launch or modify new early bird campaigns without prior notification.
7. Activities conditions
Clients must respect a specific set of rules and procedures for each service or activity provided by Kook Proof, and must follow the instructions given by the instructor, supervisor or staff member in charge of guidance at any time.
Clients are responsible and aware of any physical risk taken in the conduct of the activity or service they booked. They accept those risks and agree that none of those risks is incumbent to Kook Proof.
Kook Proof doesn’t take liability for the following situations:
– Loss or degradation of personal equipment (sports equipment or personal items) during the activities or services,
– Incidents or accidents due to the non-compliance to the indications or instructions provided by the instructor, supervisor or staff member. In those cases, clients will be responsible of any moral damage or property damage directly or indirectly caused by their actions,
– Any situation that doesn’t rely on the will or control or Kook Proof or of its staff members.
Payments, deposits and booking fees can be made:
– At the reception of the Kook Proof Activity Center with most of the credit cards, including Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express, and by cash,
– Online, through our website booking system or by bank transfer.
9. Image rights
Photos and video footages are very often made during the conduct of activities and services provided by Kook Proof. By signing the client sheet before any activity or service, the client assigns all images rights and grants to Kook Proof the authorisation to use the photos and videos footages recorded before, during and after the activities for marketing and advertisement purposes, as well as for publication on the websites and social networks, with all rights reserved.
Kook Proof ensures the confidentiality of the personal information provided by its clients, in application of the EU Law 67/98 – Personal Data Protection Law of 26th of October 1998.
11. Health conditions and specific needs
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that he is in good health condition, both physically and mentally, to take part in the activities or services provided by Kook Proof.
Kook Proof may be able to adapt its activities or services to people with specific needs or requirements as well as to people with physical and/or functional disabilities. Any question or specific request about those specific cases can be addressed, before booking, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, arrangements to adjust to the client’s needs will be made.
12. Restrictions & Omissions
Overall, it is forbidden to:
– Smoke inside the facilities,
– Interfere with the equipment of the Activity Center without the approval of at one of the staff members,
– Carry any dangerous, toxic or harmful substance,
– Provide or sell any service or good to others, by persons or by entities, in any of the Kook Proof facilities,
– Use violent gestures and/or actions, or show a lack of consideration and respect towards any of the staff members and/or other clients, at any time.
Due to the high risk of wildfires in Portugal, we also strongly recommend to avoid smoking or carry any flammable material, in any of the areas where our activities and services take place, including specifically the North Littoral Natural Park and the forests located around Esposende.
In addition to the refund & cancellation policy for activities and services and to the specific conditions for Kook Proof Camps bookings cancellations, explained under the paragraphs 4 and 5, and accordingly with the European Union regulations, our customers have the right to cancel and/or return their order (product or service yet unused), bought online or in our shop within 14 days after the day of the purchase without any justification.
In case of any issue of conflict, in respect to cases omitted in the regulations mentioned in this document, the parties should refer to the current law.