IKO Coach / Coach Trainer
Do you want to teach the Kiteboarder Level 5 – Evolution (hourly classes or Clinic)? Become a Coach. This provides you more opportunity to teach and earn extra cash while doing the thing you love.
A Coach is an IKO Instructor Level 2 that has an excellent riding level. A Coach has additionally received specialized training to perform specific assessment of kiteboarder riding skills in order to be able to help riders get on the path toward progression. As a Coach, you can pick an area of emphasis. You can get certified in one or all three distinct disciplines: Freeride, Freestyle and/or Wave Riding. You will be able to run Evolution Clinic according to which discipline you are certified in as a Coach.
What will you learn during the Kiteboard Coach Course?
During the KCC, candidates will discover how to organize and manage a 6-person Evolution Clinic. You will learn to:
• teach advanced rider skills
• prepare advanced lesson plans
• analyze student failures via “video coach,” which consists in filming and debriefing a student’s practice
• teach downwinder organization and riding
• demonstrate and train on safety and rescue
• do specific warm-up and stretching exercises
• teach theory (meteorology, aerodynamics, tides, etc.).
Worldwide qualifications and benefits:
• Run Evolution Clinic with up to 6 participants or per hour Evolution courses
• Purchase IKO products with 30% discount over the public price.
• Access to open job listings on the IKO Website.
• Post seeking employment ads viewable to IKO Centers.
• Post personal profile info online, which is viewable via the general public website.
• Receive customer feedback that results in an international instructor ranking.
• Be IKO Instructor Level 2,
• Be able to successfully demonstrate riding skills in at least one of the Evolution categories,
• Have signed the waiver form and paid the corresponding IKO fee for this course,
Do you want to train Coaches? Then, progress on up to the Coach Trainer level.