Useful information for everyone that want to attend for a lesson
When you are ready to learn stand up paddle surfing, book your first lesson with us. All equipment necessary will be provided for each session. You can book our school sessions regardless if you are new to SUP or if you have already started learning. We will adapt the class to your level.
The lesson usually starts from the Activity Center. Just bring your bikini/surfshorts and sunglasses. If you have a wetsuit, you should bring it with you. Otherwise, we will provide you with one.
From our experience, approximately 4 to 6 hours of lessons are needed to reach a level where you can ride independently. Each student progress is always individual and may be both faster or slower. The most important is to not skip any steps along the way.
We have boards of different sizes and shapes so we can adapt them to your progression rhythm, to the practice and to the existing conditions. We have wave boards, cruise boards for flat waters and inflatable boards.
On our lessons you will be equipped with a nice and comfortable 3mm wetsuit so you can enjoy your lesson. You have the choice of a full size wetsuit or a shorty.
Helmets and life-vests
If you feel more confident in using a life-vest, those are available too. We have developed our own life vests perfectly adapted to our school needs. They are flexible, comfortable and will prevent you from hurting yourself with the board if you happen to fall. You can also use a helmet to protect your head if you feel the necessity.
Why our school?
Why our school?
– Our trained and skilled instructors have a perfect knowledge of the teaching spots.
– We have a rescue boat and medic first aid trained instructors. This way safety, comfort and a fast learning curve are assured.
– We have insurance throughout the instruction.
– We have all the necessary gear and knowledge to teach surfing.
– Our relation does not finish in the lessons, it only starts. You can always count on the school for what to need!
Why taking lessons?
Why taking lessons?
So you’re wondering, why should you shell out the money for lessons? The most important reason is so you don’t hurt yourself or others. You will also save yourself time and money by learning from qualified instructors who have developed instructional programs that will guarantee a positive learning experience. The following list gives more reasons why you should take lessons:
1. Save Money. You will save more money by taking a lesson than by trying to learn on your own. Why trash your new equipment when you can take a few lessons and use the school’s boards.
2. Knock the learning curve in half. Instructors will show students safe shortcuts for a faster progression.
3. Experience. Most schools have worked with thousands of students and can efficiently assess and address bad technique and set you on the right track.
4. Equipment Education. Schools are a great place to learn about the gear and the multitude of boards available. You will learn to choose those according to your level and to the conditions.
5. Positive Experience. Most importantly, you will have fun and learn in a safe, nurturing environment.
In all cases, please make sure you take lessons from a certified school or from an instructor with insurance.
Safety and guarantee
Our location has the unique particularity of being situated in the estuary of the river Cávado. That way, you can enjoy both flat waters in the lagoon and waves spots.
Rescue and first aid
All our team is trained in first aid. We have all the first aid equipment to take care of any misfortune during the lessons. We also have a detailed rescue procedure in case anything happens while you are having lessons with us. Fortunately, these are skills we have not yet needed. We are, however, prepared.
If for some reason you are not satisfied after completing a lesson, do not hesitate to tell us. Safety and customer satisfaction are very important to us, and we will do our best to rectify the situation.
2500+ FACEBOOK LIKES
Not yet ready for booking? Like us first and see how dedicated we are to what we do…
Price wise, anything else than 5 stars would be a lie.Great service, before the camp and during. Help with getting to and from Porto airport and more. You can borrow SUP and surfboards each day.A nice mix of beginners and people already kitesurfing.Super happy with my experience!
Obrigado Kooks! It’s an Incredible place to experience kite boarding for the first time. Really great instructors, staff and hostel in an incredible local Portuguese town super close to Porto with great night life, restaurants, history, yoga, mountain biking, surfing, etc! Make a stop at Porto too to maximize the vacation!
I've been 2 weeks on Kook Proof kitesurfing camp. Just booked rider package without lessons.There is also of course an option for beginners kite package.I was one of my best camp experiences. The Kook Proof team is really great. Every instructor/member is very helpful and friendly. And organisation is fine tuned to the last details..Starting from picking up in Porto airport( I arrived late on Friday and they organized a special transfer for me).Tiago Rocha is one of the best instructors i met..very responsibly and puts a lot of stress on safety .As an intermediate minus rider i have a lot to learn from him and surely will book some of evaluation camp next year.If there is no wind( i was in September so we had 7 days wind ) you can go surfing,sap,mtb trips..I personally recommend mtb trip..Did it twice and had a lot of fun..Actually i can not find a single thing that was negative in this camp..You dont have to worry about anything,like checking wind,logistics,dinner etc..all is done for you.Spot in Essposende is really on of the best i kited..All in all very positive experience would rate it as 9.99 on 10 scale